In this post I share with you my skin care routine for January 2017
Updates included 29th June 2017
List of products in the photo from right to left:
1. Shiseido Pureness Foam cleanser. I love this cleanser. It has a lovely scent, it feels very luxurious on my skin and cleanses really well. Yet it doesn't leave the skin tight. I would love to have an oil cleanser, but I am undecided. I would love to try Sulwhasoo cleansing oil and/or Heimish cleansing balm.
Update 29th June 2017: I still love the Shiseido Pureness Foam cleanser but have not used for a few months because I've been using Cosrx Salicylic acid foam cleaner which is a lot cheaper. I got to try the Sulwhasoo gentle oil cleanser and I loved it. Currently I am using an oil cleanser from The Body shop which it does the job but it is not as luxurious and special as the Sulwhasoo one.
2. Madagascar Centella Asiatica toner by Sidmool. It is too early for me to say if I like this toner. It looks and feels like water. It is supposed to be as potent as ampoule. We shall see...
Update 29th June 2017: I was not impressed with this toner and did not repurchase. I am still interested in trying other Centella Asiatica products, but have not made a purchase yet.
3. The Body shop Tea tree mask. This lovely mask smells awful but it feels great on the skin and washes off easily. I am not sure if I would repurchase it.
Update 29th June 2017: I have not repurchased this mask. Since then I've tried Dr. Jart+ Pore refine mask. To read the review for this elegant mask click here.
4. It's skin Po effector with Houttuynia Cordata Extract. This product is supposed to help reduce pore size. But once I finish it in a couple of weeks I don't think that I will be repurchasing. In its place I might get the Artichoke extract serum.
Update 29th June 2017: I did not repurchase Po effector and have not tried the Artichoke extract serum. It would be nice to find a good product that minimizes pores, but that has not been my priority. For the past few months I've been trying to diminish my acne scars.
5. The Body shop Tea tree serum. This serum smells terrible but feels very refreshing on the skin. I don't think that I will repurchase it because I want to try the Korean Tea tree serum, the one which has no scent.
Update 29th June 2017: Here is an interesting update for you. Since I first tried this serum I've repurchased it every month. I did try some Korean products with Tea tree, but they were not strong enough for my skin's needs. Here is my review for Manyo Factory's herbal oil I no longer worry about the scent of this serum :-) To read how I came to realise that I need to use anti-bacterial product such as this serum click here to read my post.
6. Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy cream with both AHA and BHA. I've been using this cream for years and absolutely love it. I've tried to use other similar products but I always come back to this. It clears blocked pores and breakouts in no time.
Update 29th June 2017: Yes, I still love this product and still use it although not as often because I also use Cosrx BHA and AHA.
7. Shiseido Pureness blemish targeting gel. Brilliant product for the occasional breakout. I have one at home and another one lives in my handbag.
Update 29th June 2017: Yes, I still love this product, but my skin has been clear for months so I have not used it on my face. But, I got a couple of pimples on my shoulders that disappeared in no time with this gel. I love it!
8. Missha Time Revolution First treatment essence. Another brilliant product. I have very little left and will not repurchase at this time because I wanted to try The History of Whoo Qi & Jin Pore essence.
Update 29th June 2017: I loved both the Missha Time Revolution and The History of Whoo Qi & Jin Pre essence. The thing is, I still don't understand the purpose of a skin essence....
9. Signia eye cream by Hera. I have used this cream for three months already and I really like it. It is a firming cream and I love the fact that I can apply it on my lids as well as under the eyes. I would love to try another eye cream but at the same time I enjoy this one so much I want to carry on using it. Chances are I will try to get an eye serum which I could use under this cream. The story behind the Signia line is quite interesting and has to do with the amazing Narcissus stem cell technology.
Update 29th June 2017: I still love this eye cream, but have not repurchased it since I've been using Sulwhasoo's ginseng renewal eye cream which is also brilliant. I can't tell which one I prefer. The Signia cream feels more hydrating on application though.
10. Osori oil emulsion by Tosowong. I recently started using this emulsion and have great expectations from it. I expect it to refine my skin. So far, it smells nice and it feels nice. I will have to give it time to work.
Update 29th June 2017: I did not repurchase this emulsion because I did not find it very refining. And once again, I do not understand the point of using an emulsion when I also have a cream.
11. Decleor matifying fluid. This is a great moisturizer for my oily skin. I like it so much that it made me look into other products from the same line.
Update 29th June 2017: I still think that this was a good moisturizer because it matifies the skin. But I prefer products that tick more boxes and offer anti-aging, sun protection etc. in addition to balancing sebum production. This moisturizer was nice enough but nothing special. I did like the toner from the same brand but have not repurchased either products.
12. Sulwhasoo Harmonizen regenerating cream. Another new product for me. It smells of rosin and I love it. It is extremely rich for my oily skin but I really want to give it a try for about two weeks to see how my skin reacts to it.
Update 29th June 2017: I loved using this product. I still have some left but currently I use a.g.e.stop Switzerland anti-aging products and love them.
13. Missha all around Safe Block Soft finish sun milk. I am loving this product. It actually matifies my skin. As I mentioned, the Sulwhasoo Harmonizen cream is very rich, so when I apply the sun block after it, my skin is not shiny. Ok, so it is not perfectly mat, but it is mat enough for my make up to adhere to my skin and stay there.
Update 29th June 2017: I just wrote a review of this sunblock. It is lovely and it does so many great things for my oily skin. To read my review of this brilliant sun block click here.
What products are you using this month? Leave your comments below.
Till next time, Milu