My February 2017 products
1. Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing oil EX. ( Not on photo)
Amazingly soothing oil with herby, woody scent. Very gentle on the skin, but cleanses make up really well. It is a pleasure to use it.
2. Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing foam. I have only a bit left of this foam cleanser. I love using it and will repurchase.
3. The History of Whoo Gongjinhyang Foam Cleanser.( Not on photo). I really enjoy using this cleanser because of its scent and the result I get from using it. It is like a cleanser, toner and moisturizer all in one. It leaves my skin super pampered. But it is not refining at all. Which means that to keep my skin clear I will have to alternate it with the Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing foam.
4. Facial Glow Scrub & Mask by Devotedthings.
This impressive product is not only super refining but also very gentle on the skin. When I fist used it, I was very surprised by these two seemingly opposite characteristics- powerful yet gentle. You may agree with me that many products that claim to refine the skin are actually quite harsh. And in the process of refining the skin's texture they actually irritate the skin. The reason I've been so happy with Shiseido's toner is because it not only refines my skin but it also soothes and moisturizes my skin. But in terms of powerful yet gentle refining, the Facial Glow Scrub is in a league of its own and so much better than Shiseido's toner. I am totally impressed. I use the scrub every day and love the whole experience of making a bit of paste by mixing the powdered scrub with water. Then massaging this paste onto my skin is very pleasant. Did I mention that the scent is delightful? I expect great things from this product. Stay tuned for an update.
1. Centella Asiatica by Sidmool.
Have you heard of the 7 toner method? Applying toner 7 times? Crazy, I know. But if it means we get flawless skin, why not? So I use the Centella Asiatica toner 2-3 times and then the Shiseido Toner 3 times. I have nearly finished this toner and sadly, it's performance is disappointing. I can't tell that it did anything good for my skin. I have updated my blog on Centella Asiatica with an update on this product. But in short, I will not repurchase it. However I am still interested in trying other products with Centella Asiatica extract.
2. Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener.
I keep repurchasing this toner, it is that brilliant. It refines my skin so well and it smells very fresh.
3. Decleor Aroma Cleanse Fresh matifying lotion. ( I use it on my chest and shoulders). Lovely, refreshing, slightly refining toner.
4. Primera Pore treatment wild peach toner. ( not on photo)
I tried this toner for about a week in order to see if my skin likes it before I purchase the full size toner. Its scent was of lavender, not peach...Did they send me the wrong product? I checked, and it was the right product. I didn't mind the lavender smell but I know many people will be put off by it. It was supposed to matify my skin, but I didn't notice any such effect. It may be necessary to use it for several weeks before the skin is balanced, but I don't like it well enough to want to purchase the full size...
AHA and BHA:
1. Gamma hydroxy by Skin Doctors.
I have used if for years and I love it. I have written a blog review on it. Check it out if interested.
1. Shiseido Pureness blemish targeting gel.
If interested, see the blog I wrote on this product. Totally amazing product! I will never be without it.
1. The History of Whoo, Qi & Jin Pore Care essence.
I love the scent and applying this essence is pure joy. I am still not sure what essences are meant to do for my skin. I understand the importance of a toner or softener in regard to preparing the skin for the rest of the products. But essences seem too much like serums or ampoules.
1. Osory oil by Tosowong.
The product is quite soothing. I first used it on my face but couldn't tell if it had any refining effect because I was already using several brilliant skin refining products. So I decided to start using this emulsion on my shoulders and chest area to check its refining power... Well, I can't tell that it has any refining power. It smells and feels like a body lotion. It is soothing on the skin, but that's about it. And to think that I had such great expectations of this product...Sigh.
1. Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing cream EX light. I tried it for about a week and my skin liked it. But I expected it and wanted it to be more refining than it was. As I love all things Ginseng I really enjoyed the scent of this product. It felt light on my skin which is something my oily skin appreciated. I feel a bit disappointed by this product. I expected it to be super amazing even after a week's use...
2. Donginbi Red Ginseng Whitening cream. I tried it for about a week and in that short period I did not notice any brightening effect. But my skin was left nourished and pampered. The cream was rather rich and more suited for night time use on my super oily skin.
1. Tea tree oil serum by The Body shop.
It felt refreshing on the skin, but I will most likely not repurchase this product because of its bad scent. In its place it might be good to try the Korean Tea tree essence which has not scent.
2. Sulwhasoo Capsulized Ginseng Fortifying serum.
This product energises my skin and I really like that. It is one of Sulwhasoo's most raved about products in terms of improving the elasticity of the skin. The samples are not very generous though.
3. Donginbi Red Ginseng Ultimate oil
I tried this product for a week and I loved how well it warmed up and energised my skin. As a child, if I got a really bad cold, grandma would rub my back with alcohol. That alcohol rub gave me a feeling of warmth and energy. And my cold was gone in no time. When I used this Ginseng oil, my skin felt that way. I would love to repurchase. I love oils and I love Ginseng.
4. Natural SPF 50 Beauty oil by Devotedthings.
I decided to try this product on my chest and upper shoulders area. I have tons of acne scars there as well as deep decollate wrinkles. Only after two days of use my skin felt like glass- smooth and refined. It was unbelievable. Yet, the product was gentle and my skin felt comforted when I used it. Because I applied it on such a large area, I used up the oil in a bit over 10 days. But I am so glad I tried it because my deep decollate wrinkles are already improved. Only after 10 days!
I started this blog because I wanted to journal my journey to better skin. I really want to transform my oily acne prone skin. That is why I am always searching for transformational, supper effective products. While I have found many really good products, I have only recently come across what I would call transformational products. The Facial Glow Scrub, the Natural SPF 50 Beauty oil and the Indented scar peel from Devotedthings I think are amazingly transformational. Stay tuned for updates on those products.
1. Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Eye Cream.
First impression: In the past, I used Hera's Signia eye cream. It was nice enough but I did not see massive improvement in my fine lines or any firming action. Now I've started using Sulwhasoo's concentrated ginseng renewing eye cream and I really like it. Lovely consistency and it feels very moisturizing and refreshing around my eyes. Of course it is too early to say whether it improves lines and such.
2. Sulwhasoo Timetreasure Renovating Eye Cream EX.
First impression: The same thick, rich consistency as the Harmonizen cream. And it has a similar scent of rosin. I love it. I will try it for a week and will write an update.
What products are you using this month? Any recommendations? Let me know in the comments section below.